NUVO magazine is Canada’s authority on all things exceptional—a combination of style and purpose, we feature and profile people, places, and possessions. We share our readers’ sensibilities in travel, food and wine, fashion, art, design, jewellery, architecture, horology, and automotive.
Founder & Publisher
Social Media Editor
Joshua David Stein
Director of Sales, Marketing, & Distribution
Distribution & Office Assistant
There are no openings at this time.
NUVO is the recognized leader in the prestige media marketplace and has been awarded both editorial and printing honours. NUVO’s most recent honours are listed below.
Folio: Eddie Awards
2019 Honorable Mention for Best Single Article in a Consumer Magazine, Fashion & Beauty for “Sport Mode” from the Spring 2019 issue.
2015 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (NUVOmagazine.com).
2014 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (NUVOmagazine.com).
Folio: Ozzie Awards
2018 Honorable Mention for Best Cover Design for Summer 2017 cover featuring Christina Ricci.
2017 Honorable Mention for Best Use of Photography for “Hunger for Gold” from the winter 2016 issue.
2008 Bronze Ozzie for Best Cover Design for the spring 2008 cover featuring Sandra Oh.
Digital Publishing Awards
Nominated for Best Personal Essay for “Family Circus” from NUVOmagazine.com, 2016.
Toronto Gallery of Superb Printing Awards
Gold Award for Superb Craftsmanship category for the winter 2015 issue.
P&G Beauty and Grooming Award
Finalist for Best Magazine Cover for the summer 2012 cover featuring Elijah Wood. Finalist for Best Art Direction.
Printing Industries of America’s Premier Print Awards
Certificate of Merit in the Extremely High Quality category for the spring 2012 issue.
Certificate of Merit in the Extremely High Quality category for the summer, autumn, and winter 2011 issues.
National Magazine Awards
Nominated for Best Still-Life Photography for “Neoteric” from the winter 2013 issue.
Nominated for Best Fashion Editorial for “Lucid Dreams” from the autumn 2013 issue.
Silver Award Winner for Best Still-Life Photography for “Propped” from the winter 2011 issue.
Western Magazine Awards
Finalist for Best Photographic Feature or Series for “Mirror Mirror” from the spring 2011 issue.
The Benny Award
Best Printed Magazine in North America.
Since its inception, NUVO has been committed to producing a high-quality magazine, in content and production. As an innovator in the magazine industry, NUVO upholds the core values of environmental sustainability.
NUVO is committed to working with our printing partner, Hemlock Printers, to remove virtually all aspects of environmental concern from the printing process and develop a system at the forefront of sustainable practices. This includes:
- Producing NUVO through a printer who is certified FSC Chain-of-Custody and Green-e, carbon neutral in its operations, and ranked second in Canopy’s Blueline Ranking of North America’s top printers for engagement on forest conservation and support of next-generation paper fibre solutions
- Printing NUVO with FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified paper products guided by the printer’s comprehensive Ancient and Endangered Forest Purchasing Policy
- Reducing prepress waste (film and attendant chemicals) by using our printer’s CTP (Computer To Plate) system
- Utilizing alcohol-free presses with an environmentally friendly alcohol substitute and etch material
- Recycling blanket wash fluid and reusing 50 per cent of this liquid, with the remainder undergoing wastewater treatment
- Recycling NUVO’s work-in-process paper materials and printing plates
NUVO follows and engages with environmentally and socially responsible initiatives. Our in-office recycling program diverts materials from the landfill back into reuse. NUVO uses Mohawk Options paper that is 100 per cent FSC-certified and manufactured with renewable, nonpolluting, wind-generated electricity.